I think after 18 months I still don’t really get Personal Finance Blogging. I am a huge fan of my blogroll (probably why it is my blogroll and why I check it multiple times a day) but sometimes I get confused on those sites. Actually, it isn’t the site that confuses me rather the responses those sites receive that boggles my mind.
Take for Example some of these great posts in the week or so:
- 5 days ago Frank from Bad Money Advice talks about Insuring Treasury Bonds. He explains ins and outs and in his witty style of writing makes fun of people. Great Stuff. 11 Comments.
- 5 Days ago Flexo from Consumerism Commentary discussed France and their New Carbon Tax. Insightful. 8 Comments.
- 7 Days ago Patrick from Cash Money Life gave Tax Tips for Newborns. Useful for many. 6 Comments.
- 4 Days ago PT from PTMoney runs through an Introduction to SEP IRAs. 4 Comments.
- The Weakonomist from Weakonomics provides the location of all those Tarp Players today. 3 Comments.
- 8 Days ago Kelly from TaxGirl told a story about the IRS telling a Mom she was too Poor. 19 Comments.
- Adrian from 7Million7Years gives us insight into The Calcs Need for Selling a Business. 8 Comments.
When I say attention, I don’t mean traffic, all the blogs on my blogroll get significant traffic; rather I mean comment interaction with the person that wrote the post and other intelligent commenters.
What caused this post you ask? What made me doubt PF Blogging?
- Trent from TheSimpleDollar wrote a post about How He Wraps Presents that garnered 79 Comments in less than 24 hours!
I am not hating on Trent, he is an amazing blogger with a loyal following and two books under his belt. But come on people! Are people taking time out of their day to comment on how he wraps Christmas Presents?! Did you not see the gold that is above?
So Please I beg anyone reading this today, check out those sites in my blogroll, hell I’ll give you a list of them here – Comment on Them! Interact with their authors/bloggers..they’ll appreciate it (and so will I):
- Bad Money Advice
- Bible Money Matters
- Budgets are Sexy.
- Cash Money Life
- Clever Dude Finances & Life
- Consumerism Commentary: A Personal Finance Blog Since…
- Darwin’s Finance
- Don’t Mess With Taxes
- Financial Samurai
- Free From Broke
- Gather Little by Little
- Generation X Finance
- Green Panda Treehouse
- How to Make 7 Million in 7 Years™
- Lazy Man and Money
- Man Vs. Debt
- My Money Blog
- No Credit Needed
- Passive Family Income
- Prime Time Money
- Tax Foundation – Tax Foundation’s “Tax Policy Blog”
- The BoBo Files
- The Oblivious Investor
- The Simple Dollar
- the ¢entsible life
- Tough Money Love
- Wealth Pilgrim: Money Management Advice, Financial…
- Wills, Trusts & Estates Prof Blog
Latest posts by Evan (see all)
- First Thing You Need to Understand When You Want to Open ANY Business… - June 18, 2013
- Updating and Tweaking the Parameters of my Dividend Watchlist June 2013 - June 17, 2013
- Are People’s Priorities Distorted? Do I Judge too Quickly? - June 12, 2013