This may be an overzealous blog post for a personal finance website, but I have been thinking about this for a little bit. I even tried to write a research paper on this when I was in college (awww so many years ago), but I was denied by my professor. Well now I am older and can do what I want with my own blog! I have discussed my free market & political ideology in the past (click on the categories to the right and start reading!).
It can be argued that modern Communism’s father is Karl Marx. Marx and his partner Engels wrote the Communist Manifesto in 1848 (yes, 80 years before Lenin ran with it in Russia). It is a relatively short book…really more of a pamphlet.
10 Conditions for Transition to Communism
1. Abolition of Property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of distinction between town and country, by a more equal distribution of population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.
Well alright lets go one by one.
1) Ever hear of the Supreme Court Case where the government legally (not morally) took land from private home owners to literally give it to developers? Yeah that should make your blood boil. Want more info – Kelo v. City of New London.
2) Our incomes taxes aren’t as bad as they were before 1981, but I think its NUTS we tax our top producers 35%. Plus this is going to get worse.
3) Well, we still have inheritances, but as I have discussed the richest get hit at 45% tax over $3.5million.
4) See #1 – you disagree with how the land is going to be used it is taken.
5) Seriously? Can anyone say Citigroup
6) ummmm? Can anyone say GM
7) This one may be dated, but I will say its similar to #6 with the State owning the means of production
8) Again, this may be dated but the UAW now owns a piece of a GM!
9) I can happily argue that the founding fathers would never had imagined a federal government the size of ours in comparison to the local governments.
10) This one I am happy to see.
Am I crazy? I am paranoid? Please chime in.
Latest posts by Evan (see all)
- Why is Everyone Attacking Apple For Overseas Profits Not Being Taxed - May 21, 2013
- Quality vs Quantity over Time? Which Do You Choose - May 20, 2013
- Caring Less about the Financial Stupidty of Others - May 16, 2013