Nanny Groups Suck – Leave Ronald McDonald Alone and Just Tell you Kid No

//Nanny Groups Suck – Leave Ronald McDonald Alone and Just Tell you Kid No

Nanny Groups Suck – Leave Ronald McDonald Alone and Just Tell you Kid No

Ronald-McDonald VS. Kyle's Mom

I just read a story that really angered me!  Apparently, some pain in the ass nanny group wants Ronald McDonald to retire.

A coalition of health professionals, parents and corporate accountability advocates is calling for Ronald McDonald to retire as a spokesman for the nation’s largest restaurant chain, saying he has too much influence on kids.

****

The group will release the results at a lunchtime “retirement party” Wednesday for McDonald’s Chief Happiness Officer, a 50-year veteran of the company, at the McDonald’s restaurant at Chicago Avenue and State Street.

Yup, you read that correctly there is actually a group out there worried about Ronald McDonald.

How to Stop Kids from Eating McDonald’s

Right off the bat, I don’t believe McDonalds is the only one to blame for obesity in this country.   I just don’t.  Is it good for you?  Absolutely not, but I a think lack of exercise is a huge part also.

Putting my personal theories aside, as much as I want them, I do not have children yet so I am not a parenting expert, but if your kid doesn’t drive and your kid doesn’t have any money, the parent has to enable the kid to get McDonalds.  So man up and tell your child, NO! I know my parents said no to me when I was growing up (alright, maybe my mom said no more than my dad did lol).

Just because you can’t control your kid doesn’t mean the product or the advertising figure should be “banned” or pressure should be applied to the company.  Maybe instead of trying to fight McDonald’s clown you can spend some time researching some healthy alternatives!

By |2013-09-26T15:01:30+00:00March 31st, 2010|Rant|13 Comments

1. Walter March 31, 2010 at 8:11 am - Reply

I agree with you on this. The problem is not Ronald McDonald, rather, it is the parents who are to blame for the unhealthy eating habits of their children. They are trying to put the blame on someone rather than themselves. 🙂

• Evan March 31, 2010 at 10:11 am - Reply

These are the same type of people that when they find their kid is drunk at a party they blame the liquor companies for making alcohol delicious and fun instead of blaming their parenting skills

2. Mike March 31, 2010 at 9:55 am - Reply

Clowns are scary anyway.

• Evan March 31, 2010 at 10:10 am - Reply

Dude your a Freaking Ninja! Man up and kick some clown ass

3. Kevin M March 31, 2010 at 10:33 am - Reply

Agree 100% Evan. Now pass the fries.

• Evan March 31, 2010 at 12:47 pm - Reply

Happily…it is your decision to order those fries or to buy your kids a happy meal from a freaky ass clown!

4. Simple in France March 31, 2010 at 10:46 am - Reply

Yeah–I don’t eat McD’s and if I ever have kids they won’t either.

I was a high school teacher and was often really horrified at the way people buckle to their children. I once confronted a family member at the way she fed her child and she said, “But that’s what she WANTS to eat.” Phew! The kid is 2.

• Evan March 31, 2010 at 1:05 pm - Reply

Its like those 12 year old females that dress inappropriately – DON’T BLAME BRITNEY SPEARS. The girl doesn’t have a job so either you bought it for them OR they stole it; and if they stole it you have a bigger problem then whether Britney is back. lol

5. Mrs. Frugal March 31, 2010 at 4:26 pm - Reply

These things never cease to amaze me. We have friends who feed their kids nothing but Ritz crackers with peanut butter and wonder why they’re always constipated. These are educated people, how does cause and effect escape them?

6. Mrs. Money March 31, 2010 at 7:12 pm - Reply

I agree- I think parents should control their kids. 🙂 Well put!

7. Roger April 7, 2010 at 9:43 pm - Reply

Wow, this is just amazing. Here’s some advice to anyone who thinks that writing to a company to get them to drop a mascot for ‘too much influence’, which sounds to me and likely any ad execs as ‘fabulously successful’: If you really want to get rid of a mascot, then put your money where your mouth is. Stop going to McDonald’s, get millions of families to support your goal and also stop going to McDonald’s, and be sure to let them know why. If they get plenty of letters with an accompanying drop in sales, then they’ll definitely take you seriously. If all you’re going to do is ‘Oh, get rid of this clown because he’ll mislead the children’ while you still go to McDonald’s, why would they ever change their clearly successful business strategy?

Look, I’m all for activism and changing the world with the power of individuals working together and all, but if all you’re going to do is cheap, showy stunts (at the very place you’re trying to criticize, no less), you get no sympathy from me.

• Evan April 8, 2010 at 11:53 pm - Reply

I am with you buddy! Stop feeding their profit and the clown will go away it is that simple.

8. FinancialBondage May 3, 2010 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Many kids are lazy and inactive these days. they sit at the tv computer or play video games all day long. and they don’t want to work.

when I was a kid, we played outside all day long, every day. running, walking, skate boarding, bike riding, snow sledding in the winter… always outside and active.

and I was not 250 pounds at 11 years old.

If the kids are obese, I blame the parents. They are allowing it.