One of the main reasons that I started this blog was to hold myself accountable, since I truly believe that Accountability Leads to Success when dealing with personal finance and me.. it is even in my FIRST post from August 2008 it is right there in the first sentence of published work on this blog!
I updated my financial stats often when I was working off my credit card debt, but I slacked off once that was finished. So if I believe accountability is necessary, why don’t I have my numbers out there for everyone? I have no real excuse so here we go!
- My Last Update was March 2010
Before I get into giving out the numbers, I don’t plan on putting everything out there, and the reason is pretty simple. I am pretty sure that I will slip up and this site will eventually become known to my friends and family, and I am just way too private when it comes to money issues for everything to be out there.
So what do I want to share? Those topics which I have covered on my blog already.
My Debt Items
In addition to my house I have a few other debt items. I don’t highlight the house, because it is secondary right now as compared to following debts:
- I just finished refinancing my auto loan. While I lowered my rate, from 8.9% down to 5.5%, my balance actually increased because of pay off dates, checks set and some additional insurance povided by the bank (to cover shortfall if the car is totalled – this actually reduced my interest rate by .25% so I did the math and went with it. Currently, I owe $11,800 (+1% from March Numbers).
- One Law School Loan at $57,467.97 at 4.5% (-1% from March Numbers).
- Another Law School Loan at $7,240.49 at 5% (-1.04% frm March Numbers).
My Multiple Income Streams and Qualified Investments
My Prosper Account
I have previously provided really detailed information about my Prosper.com Account a few months ago. Since is just an update I’ll give the hard facts:
- 30 Active Notes worth $698.96 (up 2 Notes 28 and up 1.1%)
- $15.63 in Cash (will be reinvested when I hit $25)
- $72.59 in Gain (at least according to Prosper) up .96% Since March Numbers
- 4 Charge offs, 1 Late, 10 Paid in Full (March – 3 Charge offs, 1 Late and 8 paid in Full)
- Average Yield at acquisition 11.10% (March was 11.30% – trying to get safer)
I will continue to reinvest the payments and put $25/month into the account. This leads to about 1.5 loans per month.
My Perpetual Income Machine
I researched dividend paying stocks to create an eventual perpetual income machine. The account is tiny, and will just be a slow growth sort of thing until my cash reserves are where I want them, I am talking about $100 or so a month – so really slow – up to $300 as of this writing
- SDY SPDR S&P DIVIDEND ETF
- LLY LILLY(ELI) & CO
- CB CHUBB CORP
- SWK STANLEY WORKS THE
- CTL CENTURYTEL INC
They are all basially split evenly (ranging from 19 to 21% of the total portfolio). After all my research I really liked those 4 stocks and I figured why not pick up the ETF this way I have some exposure to everything else.
It may be time to look into re-allocating my 401(k) but, it is up 4.77% in gains from the March Date. I will continue to allow that to grow with bi-monthly contributions from myself and generous employer.
My Cash Account
I am not comfortable providing my cash account details, but lets say I am at about 35% of what I’d like in a liquid account. So as I make inroads on this as the months pass by I will use the % of my end number. So Right now I am at
- 35% of my Future Goal of Liquid Dollars (+3% from March Numbers)
Am I missing anything that you would want to know? Do you care when Bloggers put everything out there?