Long before I started blogging, I used to chase bank bonuses and deals, but with the downturn in interest rates they have been difficult to find. But I was contacted about a new one from WT Direct!
What is WTDirect?
According to their Website WTDirect is a wholly owned subsidary of Wilmington Trust Company, a company that has been around for about 105 years. Additionally, and as important the company is registered and has FDIC Insurance.
This bonus is really for those that have the money and want to partake in a little rate/bonus chasing. While I don’t usually go for rate or bonus chasing anymore, it may be right for someone who wants to earn a few extra percentage points:
WTDirect: Get a $500 bonus and Earn 1.16% APY Now. A Savings Rate Consistently In The Top 5% of U.S Banks. Start Saving Today!
According to their website:
Join WTDirect now and for every $10,000 that you deposit, we’ll give you a $100 cash bonus, up to $500!* Just open and fund your account by June 15th, maintain your initial deposit for three months, and you’ll receive a cash bonus.
Clearly, not all savings accounts are the same. Only WTDirect provides a premium savings account for dedicated savers like you. We’ll help you reach your goals by delivering on our promise of:
- Superior Saving – a high savings rate, currently 1.16% APY**
- Superior Service – exceptional service and expert advice from real people
Their website has really cool comparison calculator which allows you to compare returns from Discover, Ally and Smartypig.
The Boring Fine Print
- This offer is available to new WTDirect clients only. Primary account holder must NOT have held a WTDirect account in the past 12 months. WTDirect account must be opened and funded via electronic (ACH) transfer received by 6/15/10. Bonus is based upon the lowest daily balance during the promotional period of 6/15/10 – 9/15/10. Bonuses will be paid approximately 2 weeks after the end of the promotional period to clients whose accounts are open and in good standing. Wilmington Trust employees and their family members are not eligible. WTDirect reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without notice.
- Annual Percentage Yield. APY is variable and is effective as of 3/10/10. There is no minimum deposit required to open the account. For the first 60 days from the date the account is opened, regardless of the account balance, the account will earn our highest APY, which is variable and is currently 1.16%. After the first 60 days, the APY for the account will have two tiers: (a) a higher APY for accounts with balances of $10,000 or more (variable and currently 1.16% APY); and (b) a lower APY for accounts with balances of less than $10,000 (variable and currently 0.16% APY).
Disclosure: I do not have a WTDirect Account, and I am an affiliate of WTDirect see my Disclosure policy.
Latest posts by Evan (see all)
- Caring Less about the Financial Stupidty of Others - May 16, 2013
- Empty Pockets? What Are Your Options? - May 14, 2013
- Mo Money Means Mo (IRS) Problems - May 13, 2013