Where is my 2011 Tax Return?

//Where is my 2011 Tax Return?

Where is my 2011 Tax Return?

Checking The Status of My Federal Tax Return

I met with my accountant a couple weeks ago and have recently received a copy of my taxes back.  Since I am expecting a sizeable tax refund (Daddy’s little Tax Deduction was born right before the new year)  so I am obviously excited and anxious.  A few years ago I discovered the IRS’ website, Where’s My Refund?

Where's My Refund - IRS

Despite it being from the IRS, the website is actually really easy to use and all you need is:

• Your Social Security Number (or if you are married the Social Security Number that your taxes are filed under)
  • Filing Status
  • Refund Amount (in whole numbers)

Status of Evan’s Refund

I didn’t get great news when I used this tool.  Basically, the IRS doesn’t know just yet, which is frustrating, but I’ll let it be for another week before I start making phone calls.

Refund Status Results

Have you used this tool to find out the status of your refund?

Checking the Status of Your State’s Tax Refund

I am a bit less excited about tracking my New York State’s tax return since I owe a few bucks, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be excited to check the status of your refund.

It took a while but I searched out almost every single State.  These links are good for the 2011 Tax year.

By | 2013-09-26T14:59:51+00:00 April 6th, 2011|Taxes|7 Comments

1. Kevin April 6, 2011 at 8:37 am - Reply

Where’s my Texas state refund!? Oh yeah, I don’t pay state taxes. woot.

• Evan April 6, 2011 at 8:40 am - Reply

I always wondered about you “no-state income tax people”…do you actually try to deduct your sales tax or let it?

• Kevin April 6, 2011 at 8:44 am - Reply

Well I don’t itemize deductions so I haven’t done anything with sales tax yet. However, I will this year because I’m donating a lot to charity. I’ll learn more about it when I actually do it, but I do know that you don’t have to save every receipt in the year, there is a cookie cutter formula.

2. Funny about Money April 6, 2011 at 9:30 am - Reply

tried that once. wasn’t worth the effort.

3. Don April 6, 2011 at 5:27 pm - Reply

Prior years, those links would have come in handy, but this year I’m owing on both Fed and State returns (booo)… Still I bookmarked this page, great info.

Nice timing on child tax credit! I had a bother-in-law who just missed the date by a few days.

4. Untemplater April 6, 2011 at 11:58 pm - Reply

Let’s hope the government shutdown gets averted or we could all be stuck waiting on refunds for who knows how long. Congrats on the birth of your son!

5. Jeff April 7, 2011 at 10:53 am - Reply

ha! I also dont pay state income tax. Awesome, and unfortunately, I wont be getting a refund from uncle sam. Boo hiss!