I know a lot of my recent posts have been about my housing situation recently but that is what is taking up most of my time these days. I spent today (January 7th, 2013) working with movers, The Wife and my mother in law to get all of my stuff out of the home and most of it into storage until we close on our next home. While getting out of our house today I had some thoughts:
- I was a lot more emotional about the whole thing than I expected. After talking with a now-ex-neighbor I think a lot of it had to do with it being bitter sweet, but since I am not moving into the new place yet there hasn’t been any of the “sweet” part of that equation.
- I have a new found sympathy for those facing a short sale or foreclosure since The Wife and I were pretty sad leave the place and our actions were voluntary
- I may be in the wrong business considering where my mover lives and his property tax bill!
- I have too much stuff but I don’t think I will ever be a minimalist so just something I’ll have to deal with
- We have a great support network with our family. I am staying with my parents for the next week alone, while she is at her parents’ house in PA. Then she’ll join me at my Parents’ place for about another week until we can get in after carpeting and painting has been done. We appreciate everything they do for us.
Written at midnight the day of the move.
Latest posts by Evan (see all)
- Why is Everyone Attacking Apple For Overseas Profits Not Being Taxed - May 21, 2013
- Quality vs Quantity over Time? Which Do You Choose - May 20, 2013
- Caring Less about the Financial Stupidty of Others - May 16, 2013