While I still made positive movement this month, it was probably one of the lowest upticks I ever had since I started tracking my net worth and providing updates about 14 months ago.
Calculating my Net Worth
The assets I include are:
- My Cash Savings Accounts – This has been my main focus for well over a year, as we will need all the cash we can get when we upgrade our living situation. Just a reminder our current home went on the market 60 days ago and I just provided the newest update to selling my home and buying a new one yesterday.
- My 401(k)
- Random Non-Qualified Investment Account – Used to be my trading account until I realized it wasn’t worth the headache
- The Wife’s Roth IRA
- My favorite personal finance item, my small but Awesome Dividend Investment Portfolio
- Value of my House – I have kept this constant choosing to ignore this variable. It should be interesting to see whether I close north or south of that number and how that will affect my net worth since this is my biggest asset (even net of liabilities).
- My Traditional IRA – Which I started actively trading last month using a Covered Call Strategy and even created a page to track all my gains (and loses)
The liabilities I include are:
While I am lucky to only have 2 main liabilities, they are very significant.
- Law School Loans
What is missing?
- Car loan – My car is paid off and I don’t consider it an asset and The Wife leases her car.
- Credit Card debt – Don’t have any except a revolving AMEX account so no reason to put it up
- Checking Accounts – Always changing and moving besides I keep my checking accounts artificially low.
My Net Worth Growth
- From April, 2012 to May 2012 my net worth increased only 2.04%
- Year to Date my net worth has increased 22.48%
- From January 2011 to April 2012 my net worth has increased 111.60%
How did you do the past month? Feel free to leave your link the comments!
Latest posts by Evan (see all)
- My Dividend Stream is Growing but is Still So Unexciting - December 17, 2013
- December 2013 Dividend Watchlist - December 16, 2013
- Reviewing how Kiplinger’s Stock Picks for 2013 Performed - December 13, 2013