I grew up on Long Island, I went to undergraduate school on Long Island, I went to Law School on Long Island, I live about 5 miles from my parents, I work on Long Island and most of my friends are on this Island, but I would leave it (at least for a little bit) for a dollar amount. Would You?
An Unsolicited Headhunter Causes Uproar
I couple months ago I received an unsolicited email from a headhunter,
Below please find detailed information regarding several searches we are conducting. Relocation packages are available.
Boca Raton, Dallas, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Las Vegas, Newport Beach, Phoenix, & Houston
- Tax and estate planning, cash flow analysis and comprehensive financial planning; extensive client contact
- 120 – 150 area base, 150 – low 200’s package
- Seeking strong technical planner with excellent client facing skills
Wait a minute…I currently “do” tax and estate planning, I currently “do” Cash Flow Analysis, I create comprehensive financial plans and I love meeting with clients and other professionals. Oh yeah, we are talking Low 200s? Woah, I am not sure about you but I consider that a fantastic salary. Especially when you consider the cities I would have been making that in…Las Vegas is a a lot cheaper than NYC/Long Island. After talking to The Wife, we decided that if they were really talking that kind of money it is worth a reply email and phone call.
Obviously this particular opportunity didn’t work out – if it had worked out you know I would have shared all the details!
What I learned from This Headhunter
Even though I have a job that I love and live in a place that I am comfortable I can be bought.
Can you be bought? How much would it take?
Latest posts by Evan (see all)
- Caring Less about the Financial Stupidty of Others - May 16, 2013
- Empty Pockets? What Are Your Options? - May 14, 2013
- Mo Money Means Mo (IRS) Problems - May 13, 2013