J. Money from Budgets are Sexy has teamed up with his buddy named, Nate St. Pierre to create an amazing project called “Love Drop.” Love Drop is a micro-giving network of people who unite as a community to help one person or family a month. By subscribing to the team for as low as $1, they make it easy for their members to change lives in a fun and tangible way.
Each month Love Drop delivers a unique combination of unexpected financial gifts, personal encouragement and the support of local and online communities. At the end of every month, Nate and J$ show up in the town the people live in to deliver this pile of goodness. The money, the gifts, the services, everything! It’s all on film, and it all ends with an amazing outpouring of love.
Last month the Love Drop Team raised over $2,500 and boxes after boxes of goods and items to help Jill and her family get through a hard time in their lives (homelessness & financial worries). We did this in 1 month. All 400+ people came together and gave a few bucks each to impact one family’s life. If you participated in this, THANK YOU. The final presentation can be seen here. (It’s pretty cool!)
This month we start all over again and circle around 2 beautiful kids with severe autism — Ethan & Alex. Our goal is to raise $13,000 so we can get them a highly trained service dog. And if possible, two iPads so they can speak again (they can’t even say “I love you” to their mom — these iPads allow them to get their voice back).
Here are 3 ways you can help:
- Join the team – This is the best way to help out, and all it takes is $1.00.
- Join our blogger network – Blog about our Love Drops each month like I am It’s easy, it’s rewarding, and it REALLY helps spread the word (which in turn helps our families). Love Drop will give you all the content you need.
- Give a gift or provide a service – Gift cards (iTunes would be great!), two iPads (so we can help the boys speak again!), and anything else you think could help out.
Thank you guys so much — You rock.
Latest posts by Evan (see all)
- Can’t Believe How Much My Financial Life Has Changed - June 19, 2013
- First Thing You Need to Understand When You Want to Open ANY Business… - June 18, 2013
- Updating and Tweaking the Parameters of my Dividend Watchlist June 2013 - June 17, 2013