I am very excited to host today’s Yakezie Carnival. The Yakezie group started as a way for personal finance bloggers to help each other reach new levels by July 4, 2010 so for me to host the “last” carnival before the end of that first milestone is huge.
These posts took the initiative to search out an opportunity:
- Joe from Personal Finance by the Book tells the story of how some friends and him were able to get great personal finance training incorporated into our local High School’s curriculum.
- Daniel from Sweating the Big Stuff provides with a story of whether a little boy should pay his younger brother rent! So he investigates whether the rent is a good deal
- Kevin from Financially poor gives his opinion as to whether Bankruptcy is a Sin. While Kevin’s post is amazing, it is the 22+ comments that should get you going!
- Jamie from Eventual Millionaire highlights how important self esteem is when picturing your future self.
- Geoff goes into 11 extreme ways to save on gas. I have a huge problem with number 6!
- I have given a lot of thought lately as whether to move to an Amex card, but Tim from Nerd Wallet gives us the 5 reasons to avoid the Amex Blue
- Bucksome Boomer tells a story of a Restaurant with Suggested Prices. The study shows that people are mostly honest and pay those suggested prices.
- Timothy from the Wealth Artisan Team provides a way to save 95% on books! I have never tried this way maybe I’ll look into it.
- Is US Austerity Coming? Darwin’s Money Tries to Answer the Question. We shall see!
Some other great posts
Independence Weekend Reading: Priceline, Secrets, and Condoms
Wealth is an Illusion of Happiness
Sub Prime Credit Card
Automate or Unautomate Your Finances
Automate your finances
Black Coffee: My Favorite Blogs, Money News & Opinions #53 (The I Go Away and Socialism Becomes Chic Edition)
A Lot of Money
5S In Action Organize and Simplify
Should You Form An Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust A Surprising Answer
Keeping your Pet Safe with Spot-on Flea & Tick Control
Weekend reading: Some other fools who think the market is cheap
Best of the Rest: Independence Day Edition
Save Money on Toilet Paper
Weekly Favorites and Gratitude!
4 Ways to Prepare for House Guests
Declaration of Independence / Weekly Round Up
10 random questions.
Frugal Fourth of July Party Ideas
The Debt Destroyer | The System
Capital One Promotional Rate Extended
How Can You Stick to Your Budget [Aside]
Money Weekly Cache 2010, July 4th Fireworks!
Julys Financial Checklist: 5 Things to Do This Month
Going to Sweden on Vacation and Worried About Spending!
Homebuyer Tax Credit Extended (Again)
World Cup Fever Roundup
Employee Referrals: The Double-Edged Bonus
Religious Discrimination You Be The Judge
Saving Money on Energy
Some Link Love and Sunscreen Advice
Financial Topics for Living Together
10 things I learned at EVO 10
Blogging Sabbatical Update: Month 1
How to Have a Safe and Enjoyable Independence Day
Net Worth Review: June 2010
Mortgage Refinance Advice Requested
How to Transfer USD into your Questrade Account
Attention, WalMart (and Other Retail) Shoppers
4 Factors to Consider Before Doing a Roth IRA Conversion
Snappy Dogs Gourmet Hot Dogs
Book Review: Sarah’s Key
THE FINAL TALLY: Catfight of the Personal Finance Blogger Chicks
Do You Suffer From George Costanza Wallet (AKA Thick Wallet Syndrome)
Water Rates Going Up….Again
Is Rewards Checking for You
Why Is Debt Really Decreasing
Tax Credit and Deduction Adjustments to Be Aware Of
Kale Chips…Yes, You Read That Right!
Chipped cup or mug Dont throw it away!
Friday Night Likes
The Pros & Cons of Credit Unions
Canada Day Weekend Reading: The Economy
Frugal Confessions Friday
Don’t Buy the New Car!
DIY car repair with duct tape and listerine, another Car Coach roundup
RIP Wesabe [Personal Finance Arsenal]
How I Saved 63% ($1750) on a New Stainless Steel Fridge
SmarterSpend Wins Award for Being a TOP Business Blog in Living Smart Category
How do you define RICH
Road trip tips How to save money on gas
Buying Australian Equity Index Tracker (ASX200)