I have been tracking and sharing my net worth since the beginning of 2011. Each month I come on here and provide my change in terms of month over month, year to date and since Jan 2011.
Calculating my Net Worth
- My Cash Savings Accounts – For record keeping purposes I have froze this account but in reality a large chunk of cash has already been transferred to my seller’s Attorney for escrow. Considering I’ll be able to track the cash it should be interesting to see how much waste and burn there is when buying this new home.
- My 401(k) – Just keep throwing part of my paycheck at my newly rebalanced and reallocated my 401(k).
- Random Non-Qualified Investment Accounts
- The Wife’s Roth IRA – This account only holds to 2 funds. An index fund of the market and a dividend paying fund.
- My Dividend Investment Portfolio – Easily my favorite part of my financial
- Home Value – I have kept it constant since the beginning of this experiment. It will change but so many other things will as well when I purchase the new house in the next month or so.
- My Traditional IRA – Been trading using my covered call strategy. I can’t believe yet another month has gone by and I haven’t provided an update! I am a terrible personal finance blogger. This week, I promise.
The liabilities I include are:
I only have 2 main liabilities, but they are very significant in terms of whole numbers.
- Law School Loans
- Mortgage – This is going to get a lot larger in the near future
No CC debt and my car has been paid off since July 2011.
My Net Worth Growth
- From November 2012 to December 2012 my net worth increased 1.29%
- Year to Date my net worth has increased 39.19%
- From January 2011 to October 2012 my net worth has increased 140.48%