The Wife and I currently have the Sprint SERO deal, which is an amazing deal. Currently, I am paying $30/month for 500 mins, unlimited text messages and unlimited data. The Wife needs more mins, so she has 1200 mins, unlimited text messages, and unlimited data for $50/month.
SERO is an acronym for Sprint Employee Referrel Offer – basically it is a phone plan for friends and family of Sprint workers. Who do I know? No one. I came across this deal on My Money Blog. It seems that the deal isn’t as good as it used to be, but I digress. When I went to sign up for this deal, my younger brother, who is deaf, was getting KILLED on his plan from T-Mobile. Before anyone asks, Yes, I am fluent in Sign Language.
Cell Phone Service for the Deaf Community
So he did a little research (I won’t take any credit for this one) and he found Sprint Relay. It is made specifically for individuals with hearing issues or are deaf. Sprint Relay offers 3 different types of Blackberrys that are subsidized even further than other plans (Blackberry Curve for $100 is a great deal).
The website indicates that Sprint Relay Data Only Plan is $29.99* per month! For:
- Unlimited e-Mail
- Unlimited Internet Access
- Unlimited Instant Messaging (IM)
- Unlimited Domestic Text Messaging (SMS) (Included! Save $15)
- Unlimited Phone as Modem (PAM) (Included! Save $15)
- Both Incoming/Outgoing calls will be blocked, you can contact our video customer service to remove the block — NOTE: 9-1-1 will not be blocked
- If Incoming and/or Outgoing call block are removed, you will be billed at $0.20 per minute for local voice calls or $0.40 per minute for long distance voice calls
I wasn’t going to write this post until a good friend of mine asked what I recommended for her niece who is deaf – and I figured if this information can help one person it was worth the quick post.
Also, Sprint offers a referral program, so anyone that signs up for the deal contact me and we both can get a $25 gift card!
If you know of any other deals made for hearing impaired individuals please comment!