Its spring and it is a great time to do a little financial spring cleaning. There are a lot of ways that you can be frugal and save some money this year! Here are five easy ones you can do today:
- Check Your Bank Accounts - If you haven’t looked at your bank accounts in a year, now is a great time to check them out. There are a lot of different savings account offers available, so you should shop around to see if you have the best rates and fees.
- Clean Your Closet - Most of us have a bunch of clothes that we no longer wear clogging up our closets. If you haven’t cleaned yours lately, check it out and see if you have anything you haven’t worn. It can be a great excuse for a garage sale, or even just donating them to get a tax write-off.
- Clip Coupons - Couponing has become a popular activity over the last few years to save money. If you haven’t looked in your local paper for coupons, now’s a great time to start. There are a lot of coupons out there to save money on everyday things you buy anyway, so why not get a discount?
- Update Your Insurance - The insurance market is very competitive, and if you haven’t changed providers or shopped for a rate recently, chances are you are paying too much. Call your insurance company and see if they can lower your premiums. If they can’t, I’m sure that another company can offer you better savings anyway.
- Organize Your House - Finally, you should organize the rest of your house – like your garage or kitchen pantry. You’d be surprised how much stuff you find that you no longer use, or maybe you didn’t know that you actually had a product already. Organization helps you save by allowing you to get rid of unused items, but it also lets you see the items you do use easier, so that you don’t double-up the next time you go to the grocery store.
Post by Robert